Thursday 11 August 2011

Papaya breakfast


My favorite meal of the day is breakfast, and brunch on weekends. I know a lot of people don't have time for it, or think it takes too long to prepare.

A couple of years ago, I made an effort to try some quick, appealing and healthy recipes for the morning. My days starts now on a more positive note. It is nice to start it together with the family, even if it is for just 10 or 15 minutes; with a nice cup-of-coffee or tea and some simple, creative food.

I think that that little ritual brings everybody closer together, and it is something that makes you look forward to start your day. And on weekends, what can better than a long lazy breakfast, with friends or, with you favorite magazine, a tasty omelet, yogurt with fruit, and some toast and jam.

Through my husband, who spent a big part of his childhood in Latin America, I was introduced to many different varieties of tropical fruits. One of my favorites, and one that I can find in London, is papaya.

There are different types of papaya, with the small ones I cut them in-half, scooping out the seeds and then filling the space with a combination of: yogurt, banana slices, some granola or muesli, and pomegranate. It is simple, light, filling and healthy!


Recipe for 2:

  • 2 small papayas
  • Granola 60g
  • Pomegranate seeds 80g
  • Greek yogurt or vanilla yogurt, 8 tablespoons
  • Sliced banana

Split the papaya in half, scoop out the seeds. For each papaya half: fill with banana slices, then add 2 tablespoons of yogurt, the granola and top with pomegranate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment